Navolio & Tallman LLP offers sophisticated expertise in Tax Planning & Compliance, Business & Management Advisory, Audit & Accounting, and Bill Pay & Family Office across a broad array of industry concentrations. Our industry specialties include:
- Alternative investment funds: real estate, venture capital, hedge funds, and private equity
- Real estate developers and investors
- High-net-worth and ultra high-net-worth individuals
- Registered investment advisors and broker-dealers
- Professional service entities
- Tourism and hospitality
- Restaurants and breweries
- Agriculture, vineyard, and winery operations
- Private foundations
- Entrepreneurial services, including start-up ventures
Our holistic approach to working with clients, our relationships based on trust, and our advanced accounting and tax expertise are the perfect combination to help clients meet and exceed their goals.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Our tax clients represent an exceptionally entrepreneurial and sophisticated group of high-net-worth and ultra high-net-worth individuals and businesses, including real estate, hedge funds, venture capital, and private equity. Our tax professionals have diverse backgrounds and specialties, enabling us to match our clients with the most effective team to meet their intricate needs.
We strive to constantly exceed expectations and take a hands-on approach to client service, which translates into more interactions and time with partners. We invest in understanding our clients’ businesses and their needs in order to better serve them. Our multidisciplinary approach and understanding of interrelationships among components that build our clients’ net worth help us develop strategies that add value to their total financial position. We serve as trusted advisors and can coordinate the activities of other advisors, ensuring that we all work toward our clients’ common goals.
Our tax services include:
- Tax return preparation for high-net-worth and ultra high-net-worth individuals and all entity types
- Individual income tax planning/minimization and compliance
- Estate, gift, and trust tax planning and compliance
- Charitable planning, including private foundations
- Wealth-transfer, inheritance tax, and business-succession planning
- Retirement planning
- Investment consulting
- Stock option and executive compensation strategic planning
- Entity tax planning, consulting, and compliance, including tax-efficient entity structuring
- IRS and state examination assistance
- Multi-state tax matters
Business & Management Advisory
We serve as trusted advisors in the management of our clients’ businesses. From a company’s inception through its growth and maturity, we work closely with our clients to actively listen and evaluate their needs, recommend alternatives, and offer individualized, innovative, and well-researched solutions.
The relationships we cultivate with each of our clients provide us with a deep understanding of and valuable insight into the intricacies and needs of both the businesses and its owners. The different perspectives we gain from providing audit and/or tax services to both the businesses and its owners also put us in a unique position to provide holistic business solutions tailored to each client’s objectives.
Our business and management advisory services include but are not limited to:
- Business entity selection
- Business start-up and growth consulting
- Organizational structuring or restructuring
- Assistance with obtaining business financing
- Review of accounting systems and cost controls
- Cash flow planning and analysis
- Financial projections and forecasts
- Compensation planning and structuring
- Stock option planning and implementation
- Interim CFO/Controller services
- Evaluation of job candidates
- Buy versus lease analysis
- Business purchase or sale transactions
- Business succession planning
- Buy/sell agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions evaluation
- Transactional due diligence
Audit & Accounting
Our Audit & Accounting services combine expertise with superior technology to allow for precise and efficient work on our clients’ financial statements. Although standards for auditing and accounting are intricate and ever-changing, the analysis and insight that we bring to our clients on emerging developments are unmatched.
By leveraging our deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and industries, we help them grow and continuously improve. We begin with a comprehensive interview process during the initial planning stages and proactively seek and deliver ideas that bring value throughout the audit process.
We are registered with and subject to inspection by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (“the PCAOB”). This provides greater opportunities to our clients, especially our registered investment advisor clients, who need audits performed by PCAOB-registered and inspected auditors.
Our Audit & Accounting services include:
- Financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations under:
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA)
- Surprise examinations in compliance with SEC Rules 204-2(b) and 206(4)-2 or California provisions
- Peer review and quality control services
- Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) verification
- Agreed-upon procedures
- PCAOB standards
Bill Pay & Family Office
Our clients constantly seek to maximize value, and so do we. Our bill pay and family office services allow personal and business bookkeeping to flow seamlessly into our clients’ tax planning and tax preparation work. Not only does it guarantee clean and organized books for our clients, but it also affords us a more comprehensive understanding of our clients’ financial and tax situations for consulting and planning purposes.
These services are flexible and customized to fit each client’s unique situations and specific needs.
Our Bill Pay & Family Office services include:
- Bill management
- Deposits and bill paying
- Monthly accounting, payment activity summary, and bank account reconciliation
- Cash forecasting and budgeting
- Household employee payroll management
- Organization of financial data to assist and integrate with tax minimization planning and compliance